Let’s read together: Anniversary page for the hundredth edition of Shock headed Peter (Struwwelpeter) by Heinrich Hoffmann
Today for the hunder-edth time
In Picturebooks Land I appear,
And children from every clime
Have gathered to honor me here.
The ones whom I first entertained
Are now worthy ladies and men,
But still my old name has remained;
I’m just as young as I was then.
I got myself combed for the day;
They tugged as my head till it’s sore!
The same floppy boy, though, I’ll stay;
I won’t get dolled up any more!
To read the other nursery rhymes from the book Struwwelpeter by Heinrich Hoffmann
- Foreword: to the children
- Struwwelpeter – Shock headed Peter
- The Story of Cruel Frederick
- The Dreadful Story of Pauline and the Matches
- The Story of the Inky Boys
- The Story of the Wild Huntsman
- The Story of Little Suck-a-Thumb
- The Story of Augustus who not have any Soup
- The Story of Fidgety Philip
- The Story of Johnny Look-in-the-Air
- The Story of Flying Robert
- Anniversary page for the hundredth edition
Go to Struwwelpeter Special!